Friday, October 21, 2011

Ski Surge is back!!! And other important news!

Hello everyone!

The past few weeks I have been out of the office and been extremly busy with work and school. I apologize for not getting the Ski Runs episodes out every Thursday like I had promised. Now that I am back, so is Ski Runs. Episode 3 will be posted in the next few hours and the remaining episodes will come out every few days or so. I am assuming you guys like the current format that episode 2 had, so I am going to keep it like that. Unfortunately, I have some how lost a large majority of the footage from last year  (footage not in any other videos) that I was planning on using for these episodes. So I am left with footage that has already been in videos. However, the entire runs themselves have not been fully seen, so I am going to go ahead and still do the series. I was very upset when I realized this, but there is nothing I can do, I hope you guys understand.

The Colorado ski season officially started on October 13th with Arapahoe basin. I opted out from going because of the conditions. Most of the snow is manufactured and I did not want to ruin my skis on the first day. However, Keystone opens on the 4th of November and I have full plans to ski there opening day (possibly even camping out the night before!).

I have also upgraded my equipment as I had promised at the end of last year. I now have the Drift HD 170 stealth. I was very pleased with their non HD x170 that I recorded with last year, so I went ahead and got their brand new HD stealth 170. I have done a bit of testing with it in my back yard side by side with my old one. The difference is amazing. I may upload that as well later in the week. I am really looking forward to using it this ski season. I will probably keep my old one and use it has a pole mount to give another perspective.

Any way, I know this post was rather long, but I wanted to get all of that information out. I also plan on having a lot more "extreme" ski footage this coming season. Stuff like tree skiing and terrain park jumps.
Will keep you guys updated on Keystone opening day skiing and I may be going to arapahoe basin next friday, depending on the conditions.

The 2011-2012 ski season is going to be amazing!

- Nick

1 comment: